This integrative course allows students to acquire a doctorate degree directly without submitting a master’s thesis or going through the doctorate admission process.
Course of Study and Maximum Term for the Integrative Course
- Course of Study: 4 years, including the period of the master's course that was already taken (leave of absence is not included)
- Maximum Term: 8 years, including the period of the master's course that was already taken (leave of absence is not included)
Qualifying Examination for the Doctoral Course
It is an examination for a student who newly started the integrative course and completed at least 2 semesters. The student should pass this exam before completing the fourth semester in order for his/her course to be admitted as a doctoral course.
- A student can take the qualifying up to 2 times and must pass the examination before completing fourth semesters.
- Registration deadline for examination: Before every semester
- Examinees should submit an application for their qualifying examination, research proposal, and transcript to their advisors.
- If a student in the integrative course is unable to pass the exam before completing fourth semester, he/she is not eligible for admission to the doctoral course level (transfer to the master's course).
Refer to the announcement made every semester for the details such as required documents or a detailed schedule of the qualifying examination for the doctoral course.